I first posted this during Thanksgiving week a year ago. It immediately became the most read post I’ve ever written. So I share it again this year… All the best this Thanksgiving!
- If you slept in a warm bed last night… give thanks.
- If you were blessed with a good education that stretched your mind and heart… give thanks.
- If you had a family member or friend who invested time, energy, and money in you…give thanks.
- If you stand on the shoulders of ancestors and mentors… give thanks.
- If you have a job… give thanks.
- If your job is more than a paycheck… give thanks.
- If you will gather with loved ones this week… give thanks.
- If you have a boss who gives a rip and does what’s right instead of what’s expedient… give thanks.
- If you have colleagues who you can count on… give thanks.
- If you have an employee (or more!) who goes above and beyond the call… give thanks.
- If you’ve had an opportunity you didn’t earn (that’s called grace)… give thanks.
- If you have a working vehicle… give thanks.
- If you have use of a computer/smartphone to read this post… give thanks.
- If you know where your next meal is coming from… give thanks.
Ambition and growth have their uses. But let’s be thankful that, in a culture obsessed with more, we have set aside a day each year to count our blessings.
My list is long. I’ll bet yours is too. Why not make this Thanksgiving about more than turkey and bad football? How about sharing your list with someone you know? It just might multiply the thanks.