Recently, I was on hand for a CEO’s first day on the job. He steps in to lead a $400+ international consulting firm. He asked a small group of his senior people a very important question:
Starting today, what do you think is most important for me to do over the next 90 days?
Imagine you were in the room. What would you say to him?
- Diagnose the business situation facing the company?
- Paint a clear vision of the firm’s future to keep clients and staff on board?
- Figure out a few key projects to get things moving?
- Build relationships with key talent?
- Call on the top clients to reassure them of the firm’s commitment?
- Learn the organization and the culture?
It’s your turn! What would you say?